Back in January I asked a question on each of our first thirty matches of the season, so here’s a quiz for the remaining matches, starting with our win at Leeds
- answers on Monday.
1. Fraizer Campbell’s goal at Elland Road was his first for the club, but can you name the two players who got their first City goals in the same game against Leeds a few years ago?
2. Craig Bellamy missed what was probably the best chance of the 0-0 draw at Huddersfield in early February – if he had scored, he would have become the first Welshman to score for us at Huddersfield since who?
3. Ben Nugent’s own goal against Bristol City was the only one scored by City this season, who scored the last one before that?
4. The Brighton side that won 2-0 at Cardiff City Stadium contained players capped by Poland, England, Scotland and which other country?
5. Another question about international footballers, the Wolves starting eleven for our 2-1 win there contained three players who had won full caps for their country, name them.
6. We were 2-0 down inside twenty minutes at Middlesbrough, who were the last side to go a couple of goals up against us so early on before that?
7. In March, Derby were the only side we faced this season who did this to us – what am I referring to?
8. Also in March, Michael Keane came very close to score a winning goal for Leicester in a game in Cardiff. If he had done, he would have joined Andy King in who scored the decisive goal in Leicester’s 3-2 Play Off win back in 2010, but who was the last player to score a winner for them down here before that?
9. Something happened in the 2-0 win at Sheffield Wednesday which hadn’t occurred since our 3-0 win at Derby in November 2011, can you name it?
10. During Peterborough’s 2-1 win in March, Grant McCann followed Glenn Murray in taking two penalties in a game against us this season, but, barring penalty shoot outs, who is the last player to do that in a City match?
11. Nine full internationals played for Blackburn in their 3-0 defeat here on Easter Monday, can you name them?
12. Name the five participants in the 0-0 draw at Watford who had faced us previously at Vicarage Road.
13. The game with Barnsley wasn’t the first time Stephen Foster had scored against us in Cardiff, what was the score on the previous occasion?
14. What happened in the 3-0 win over Forest which City hadn’t managed to do since April 2011?
15. What number shirt was Hudson wearing when City got promoted on April 16?
16. Complete this sequence, Craig Conway, Cohen Griffith, Phil Stant…………..
17. There were three of them on the pitch when we kicked off against Bolton and that’s the highest number for a game featuring Cardiff City this season, what am I talking about?
18. Nicky Maynard’s goal at Hull took the number of players who have scored for Cardiff City’s first team this season to how many?
- 1. Jason Koumas and Darren Purse in the 2-1 win in August 2005.
- 2. Chris Pike who scored two in the 3-2 win in 89/90.
- 3. Kevin McNaughton in the 3-0 home defeat by Hull last season.
- 4. Egypt – Adam El-Abd has won five caps for that country.
- 5. Kaspars Gorkss (Latvia), Bjorn Sigurdarson (Iceland) and Tongo Doumbia (Mali).
- 6. Middlesbrough were 2-0 up in thirteen minutes in May 2011 and three up within twenty one minutes.
- 7. Faced us with less than seven substitutes – they only had five.
- 8. Darren Purse – his own goal decided the game in March 2008.
- 9. In the game with Derby, Filip Kiss and Kevin Kilbane, with an own goal, were amongst the scorers for us. When Don Cowie and Matt Connolly scored at Hillsborough, it was the first instance of two players with the same two letters at the start of their surname scoring in the same game for us since then – sorry!
- 10. Danny Graham for Watford in their 4-1 win over us in December 2010 – David Marshall saved the first one.
- 11. Grzegorz Sandomierski (substitute keeper), Grant Hanley, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Danny Murphy, Jordan Rhodes, David Bentley, David Dunn, Leon Best and Colin Kazim Richards.
- 12. Lloyd Doyley, Troy Deeney, Jonathan Hogg, Andrew Taylor and Jordon Mutch.
- 13. Cardiff 6 Crewe 1 in October 2005.
- 14. A City substitute scored two goals – Rudy Gestede repeated Jason Koumas’ feat at Doncaster in April 2011.
- 15. Colin Hudson wore the number 10 shirt in City’s 1-0 win over Aston Villa when they clinched promotion to Division 1 in 1960.
- 16. Stan Richards, they are goalscorers in matches when City clinched a league title – Griffith and Stant did it in 92/93 and Richards in 46/47.
- 17. Craig Bellamy, Craig Dawson and Marvin Sordell were all members of the Great Britain squad in the 2012 Olympics football tournament – Kimbo made it four Olympians on show that day.
- 18. Twenty three – seventeen in the league, plus Nat Jarvis in the FA Cup and Earnie, Andrew Taylor, Filip Kiss, Joe Ralls and Etien Velikonja in pre-season friendlies.