Back in January I asked a question on each of our first thirty matches of the season, so here’s a quiz for the remaining matches, starting with our win at Leeds
- answers on Monday.
1. Fraizer Campbell’s goal at Elland Road was his first for the club, but can you name the two players who got their first City goals in the same game against Leeds a few years ago?
2. Craig Bellamy missed what was probably the best chance of the 0-0 draw at Huddersfield in early February – if he had scored, he would have become the first Welshman to score for us at Huddersfield since who?
3. Ben Nugent’s own goal against Bristol City was the only one scored by City this season, who scored the last one before that?
4. The Brighton side that won 2-0 at Cardiff City Stadium contained players capped by Poland, England, Scotland and which other country?
5. Another question about international footballers, the Wolves starting eleven for our 2-1 win there contained three players who had won full caps for their country, name them.
6. We were 2-0 down inside twenty minutes at Middlesbrough, who were the last side to go a couple of goals up against us so early on before that?
7. In March, Derby were the only side we faced this season who did this to us – what am I referring to?
8. Also in March, Michael Keane came very close to score a winning goal for Leicester in a game in Cardiff. If he had done, he would have joined Andy King in who scored the decisive goal in Leicester’s 3-2 Play Off win back in 2010, but who was the last player to score a winner for them down here before that?
9. Something happened in the 2-0 win at Sheffield Wednesday which hadn’t occurred since our 3-0 win at Derby in November 2011, can you name it?
10. During Peterborough’s 2-1 win in March, Grant McCann followed Glenn Murray in taking two penalties in a game against us this season, but, barring penalty shoot outs, who is the last player to do that in a City match?
11. Nine full internationals played for Blackburn in their 3-0 defeat here on Easter Monday, can you name them?
12. Name the five participants in the 0-0 draw at Watford who had faced us previously at Vicarage Road.
13. The game with Barnsley wasn’t the first time Stephen Foster had scored against us in Cardiff, what was the score on the previous occasion?
14. What happened in the 3-0 win over Forest which City hadn’t managed to do since April 2011?
15. What number shirt was Hudson wearing when City got promoted on April 16?
16. Complete this sequence, Craig Conway, Cohen Griffith, Phil Stant…………..
17. There were three of them on the pitch when we kicked off against Bolton and that’s the highest number for a game featuring Cardiff City this season, what am I talking about?
18. Nicky Maynard’s goal at Hull took the number of players who have scored for Cardiff City’s first team this season to how many?
Six Bolton questions – answers tomorrow.
60’s. This Swansea born Welsh International midfielder played six games against Bolton for City during this decade (the first time being in October 1960 and the last in March 1966) and never finished on the winning side, can you name him?
70’s. Games between the two teams during this decade took place at Ninian Park, Burnden Park and which other ground?
80’s. This man often played in goal against us in the 60’s for a current Championship club, but he also had a spell as Bolton manager during the 80’s – do you know who he is?
90’s. A young, locally born, striker made his only league appearance for the club when he came on as a sub during City’s 3-1 defeat at Bolton in January 1990, can you name him – a clue for you, he shared his surname with a Whisky distilling company.
00’s. Bolton only had three managers during this decade, can you name them.
10’s. A member of the Bolton team which beat us 2-1 in November has been captaining another Championship team in recent weeks, name him and the side he now plays for.
60’s. Barry Hole.
70’s. The Hawthorns – an FA Cup Fourth Round second replay between the sides was played there in February 1973 with Bolton winning 1-0.
80’s. Charlie Wright played for Charlton in the 60’s and managed Bolton for a short spell in 1985.
90’s. Richard Haig.
00’s. Sam Allardyce, Sammy Lee and Gary Megson.
10’s. Stephen Warnock of Leeds.by The other Bob Wilson